New Student Registration
Forms and Documents List
DOCUMENTS (All documents should be in numerical order when turned in.)
Provide copies of all documents listed below to complete the registration process:
Copies of the following documents are needed from the Parent/Guardian:
1. Parent or Legal guardian with photo ID
2. Current proof of residence in the Southwest DeKalb High attendance area:
Must be one of the following:
One -- lease or mortgage statement
One -- utility bill (water, gas or electric)
(Cable or phone bills are not acceptable)
A notarized affidavit, if the parent/guardian’s name is not on the bill or lease.
Copies of the following documents are needed for the student:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security card/Waiver
- Transcript and withdrawal form and grades from the previous school, including test scores
- Current immunization (GA form #3231) -- 30 day waiver for out of state students
- Current Hearing, Vision and Dental Screening (GA form #3300) -- 30 day waiver for out of state students
Once all documents are verified, the registration clerk will receive the documents for student enrollment.
Parents and students will meet with an SWD Counselor to receive their academic advisement.
Students will be asked to report to the school’s Welcome Center the next instructional day to take our school tour.
Once the school tour is complete, the student will receive their schedule and will be escorted to class.
Ms. Paula Jackson, Registrar